I realised it's been a while since I last updated my blog. It's been pretty much a rollercoaster ride ever since I started work after my marriage leave.
Last Thursday I was rushing to complete my personal self evaluation which is needed for my performance evaluation at the end of May. It took so long to complete and made me think about where I am now in my career. Can't believe that soon I will be in my third year of practice. One more year and I will be a mid-level associate.
As I was completing this form at about 9 pm, my boss passed my room and saw that I was doing it and said "doing your evaluation? you need to make sure you don't burn out!" I gave her a confused look and said jokingly that there is no column in the form for me to put that :P Then she said make sure I take enough breaks from work, if not I will burn out and she cannot afford to have me resign.
Coming from someone I look up to, it actually gave me some motivation to persevere under these challenging times. I think if there is anyone I aspire to be like, it would be her...a partner who manages to balance work and family.
She is basically a superwoman...she runs up and down the courts conducting hearings and carrying heavy court bags during like her 8th month of pregnancy, can do 2 court hearings at one time and she even could bbm my colleagues less than 1 hour after giving birth chasing for submissions that she wants to review! When we asked her about it when she came back from maternity leave she justified it by saying that the pain is during giving birth and after that you have nothing to do cause the nurses take the baby so she can review the work. We were all just like :O
And on top of all that, her priority is still her son....during her hectic schedule she will leave during lunch to pick him up from school so that she can spend a bit more time with him everyday. I honestly don't know how she does it.
On another note, last month I went for a 3 day Company trip at Phuket. There was a lot of free and easy time so it was nice. My colleague and I also went for a cooking class at Momtri Boathouse and I learnt how to make several Thai dishes including Pad Thai! It was fun :) So now I just have to find the time to actually make it :P

1 comments:
I want Pad Thai!
Post a Comment