Saturday, February 19, 2011

Work related issues....

I haven't updated my blog in a while....probably cause things are getting very hectic at work. I think the last time I felt like this was probably a few weeks before my marriage leave where files started to blow up right left and centre. I was in a discussion with the Employment Partner at my firm and he actually stopped to ask if I was okay because I looked gaunt! O.0

It's one of those weeks where you keep getting e-mails from clients saying that they urgently need you to prepare some court documents to be filed in the next few days. That means doing the legal research, getting partner to review, getting client's to approve, arranging for translation of the documents and for it to be signed by client and filing it in court...all of which has to be done within 2-3 days. For the person doing the ground work and ensuring that all these are done and deadline is met, it is awfully stressful :( If that is the only thing you have to do during that period it is not so bad, but the usual scenario is that you will have several files like this running at the same time and the tricky bit will be in juggling them all...

I also did the mistake of giving my hand phone number to a client and regretting it big time. When the client asked me for it I hesitated but was told that it will only be used for ‘emergencies’. And now I have been receiving calls and sms at night after office hours as well as on weekends. I mean come on, give me a break!!!

A lot of people are also resigning from the firm so morale is low...I sure hope this phase will pass...if not I may very well do the same...

1 comments:

Farah Haida said...

Hang in there, Mimi!