Sunday, April 17, 2011

Laughter is the best medicine

I was at the hairdresser yesterday getting a haircut and treatment which made me go through more than 4 magazines while waiting for my treatment to be done. I then came across an article about the power of laughter in relieving stress. This is not something new but when I read the bit about how certain hospital patients are given comedies to watch, it made me realise that I have not been watching much comedy lately.

I remember last time in University, my housemates and I would watch a string of comedies during dinner every night. I used to get a good dose of laughter and then I would start doing my coursework until the wee hours. Stress levels under control. I did the same during bar school too.

Now, by the time I get back from work which is usually around 10 pm, there are no more comedies on TV but dramas. So I would normally have dinner while watching shows like Criminal Minds, NCIS and Castle. Don't get me wrong, these shows are great, but not necessarily your first option at laughter.

Which got me thinking, I think I may need to watch more comedies to keep my stress levels in check. Have a good dose of laughter everyday.

So my mission, to watch more comedies!


3 comments:

mr dx said...

but i LOVE watching Castle with you..

Deena.T said...

u should watch big bang theory. kelakar sangat!

Amethyste said...

Mr dx: I love watching Castle with you too sayang :)

Deena: Is it? I think my brother recommended that...but just never got around to watching it :P