Saturday, November 27, 2010

The Morning of My Wedding Reception

27 November 2010 was the wedding reception for my side at PJ Hilton. In hindsight, I was very thankful that the solemnization and the reception was not all in one day as I think it would have been very hectic.

We woke up in the morning on Saturday, packed our bags for a one night stay at PJ Hilton, had breakfast and were off for rehearsals at 11 am. When we arrived the ballroom there was another function taking place so we had to wait for our turn. We then practised our walk in (it looks a lot easier than it actually is!) and had to do it a few times to get everything right. In the end Aqil and Hannah had to be excused from their flower girl/boy duties as they just would not get in line :P Sheryl and Farizal had a go at practising “I Finally Found Someone” but for the second song, Jonie and Audrey chased Azmir and I out of the ballroom as the song was supposed to be a surprise :)

Once we were done with rehearsals, Azmir and I headed back to have lunch and get our things....more things and off we were back to PJ Hilton.

As we were on our way to our room I was thinking, Hamen and Tanya would have probably landed by now. Hamen is flying in from Hong Kong and Tanya from London to attend the wedding and both flights are scheduled to arrive on Saturday morning itself. I gave them my handphone number but did not receive any messages or calls from them.

When the hotel lift opened I was pleasantly surprised to see both of them in the lift!! Shrieks of joy and excitement ensued. They however said that they were really surprised to see how calm I was, bearing in mind that it was the day of my reception :P

As we had some time to kill, Azmir and I went to the hotel room to chill. We were accompanied by Jonie, Sheryl, Audrey, Hamen and Tanya. Most of us got ready in the same room. My makeup artist was a bit late due to the jam but she managed to get everything done just in the nick of time. It was the first time I ever tried the air brush! She used it to put on my foundation and it had a very nice feel :)

While she was putting on my lipstick, the phone rang. It was Kaklong giving us the cue to go downstairs. I heard Azmir telling my sister that I’m still in the midst of getting my makeup done when the makeup artist said “she’s done!”.

This is it!

0 comments: