Saturday, November 27, 2010

My Wedding Reception at PJ Hilton

When we headed downstairs the first thing we had to do was go into the holding room and meet the VIPs. A couple of handshakes and introductions and then we were asked to take our place, just like at rehearsals. I don’t know why but I was so freakin’ nervous at this point. I was trying hard not to show it cause I know it would show in the photos and I wouldn’t want to have a nervous stressed look in my wedding photographs.

It was our cue to go in as soon as the sound of the kompang could be heard from outside. Initially the selawat was supposed to be recording as we could not find someone to do it for the reception. However that morning during the rehearsals, Farizal came to the rescue and volunteered himself to do it. Had a mini test run with my mom, who instantly approved it :)

The walk-in was accompanied by the song “I Finally Found Someone” followed by merenjis, dinner, slideshow presentation of the solemnization ceremony, speech by Kaklong and followed by a surprise sketch by Jonie, Audrey, Sheryl and Farizal. It was really amazing and I extremely enjoyed it. Once the sketch was over, Farizal and Sheryl sang their rendition of “I Finally Found Someone” an additional song...”Lagu Kita” by Aizat. Awesome!

My dad gave a short speech and the reception ended with the cake cutting :)






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look soooo good in these pics!!! I love your dress, your make up and you look so happy!

But, yes...The Dress!!! I think that it is so modern and classic looking all at once. Great choice with the lenght of sleeve too. Any longer and it might have looked stuffy, any shorter and it would have been too casual!

Amethyste said...

Thanks! :) I was really happy with the photographers!

There's actually more nice pictures but haven't been able to upload them :P