Saturday, October 2, 2010

Finally Settled My Forms!

On Thursday I went to Pejabat Agama Islam Daerah (PAID) to settle all mt marriage forms. Azmir was nice enough to find the forms for me sometime back but even then I have been procrastinating :P

Then it hit me. It is less than 2 months before I get married so I better get this done soon! So when I was reading through the forms I realised that I need to bring not only myself but my dad (wali) and 2 other witnesses to PAID to get the marriage approval. So we decided on one of my uncles on my dad's side and my brother. Felt bad that these people would have to take leave just to help be my witness. Luckily my uncle is retired so not so bad. As for my brother, he said he will be very busy from next week onwards so it has to be this week!

So that is how we decided on Thursday. I didn't take leave but just asked permission from the partner for me to step out of the office for a few hours after lunch. She said go ahead so I was good to go.

Once there, the process was not as complicated as I had imagined. After confirming that all the documents are in order, I had to see the Pendaftar Nikah for the approval. Read out this declaration saying that the information in the forms are true and that if not, it would be a breach of the Selangor Enactment. After I read it out the Pendaftar Nikah would check that everyone in the room heard it, i.e. my dad and witnesses and then I signed the forms, followed by my dad and my two witnesses.

After that it was APPROVED! :)

Later that night I went for dinner with Azmir at Sushi Tei. I had the usual Chicken Katsu Don and a house specialty called Sunshine Roll. I must say, I was surprised that the rice is not as nice as the ones at Sushi Zanmai or Sushi Zen as they are from the same group.

I also ordered desserts of course hehe I can’t remember the name though. It looks really nice but unfortunately the taste wasn’t. The ice cream was flakey and the shiratama was hard. But I still like the presentation though :P


2 comments:

Farah Haida said...

yeayyy...

Anonymous said...

Was it a monaka? It looks like a monaka to me!

What a shame the ice cream and shiratama wasn't nice. Urgh...shiratama that's too hard or soggy is really hard to swallow....