Saturday, September 25, 2010

My First BD

At this stage of my carreer, I'm more concerned with expanding my knowledge and expertise in various areas of law. But yesterday one of the senior associates asked me to follow him for a business development meeting. Business development, that is going out and pitching for new work from new clients is usually what we have to do later on in our practice. But no harm in starting early right?

So yesterday was the first time I went for BD meetings. Overall it was a good experience and quite successful as we did manage to get new work from 2 financial institutions.

Moving forward, I have been tasked to work with the senior associate and specialise in Islamic Banking Litigation. Since there are not many lawyers who specialises in this area, I think it is worth looking into.

I have to say there is so much to learn!! So far I have only been exposed to Murabahah Tawarruq financing and I think getting to grasp with the concept for the facility itself is complicated enough without considering the legal aspects of it.

So I think what I have to do is read up! Plan to learn more about it on my own time and have asked for book recommendations from the senior associate for me to self study. Let's see how it goes :P


0 comments: