Airline will be first foreign low-cost carrier serving Haneda airport from Dec 9
PETALING JAYA: AirAsia X will begin flights to Haneda airport in Tokyo on Dec 9 and open ticket sales for the sector next week.
The airline plans to mount three weekly flights and it will be the first foreign low-cost carrier serving the airport that is expected to open for international flights in late October.
Asashi newspaper in Japan reported that AirAsia X was expected to price fares far lower than those charged for existing services between the capitals of Japan and Malaysia offered by Japan Airlines and Malaysia Airlines (MAS).
AirAsia X chief executive officer Azran Osman-Rani declined to reveal any pricing when contacted yesterday by StarBiz. But the market is abuzz with talk that the introductory price could range from RM99 to RM199.
Azran said that flying to Tokyo would be “super exciting as finally people will have choices and low fares to go to great places.’’
Three flights per week may be too few for AirAsia X but for now the airline does not have much of a choice.
It is learnt that the Japanese authorities had accorded seven rights and the Malaysian authorities awarded three each to AirAsia X and MAS, and one to Transmile.
“Japan is a high fixed cost city and with so few flights it would be difficult to make the sector sustainable so we will have to convince the authorities to grant us daily flights,” Azran said.
Source: http://biz.thestar.com.my/news
JAPAN HERE I COME!! ^__________^

3 comments:
So when are you coming to visit me? wwwwww
Are you really ok with using Air Asia though? I could never do it *__*
heheheh with this I can probably visit you more often! :)
I think I should be fine cause I usually sleep through flights :P
wow, you really did your research!
Post a Comment