I had a very strange dream last night. It started with me cycling to work! When I finally reached the Gardens carpark I was suddenly in a pickle on where to park because I can't seem to find the bicycle parking area :PAfter a while of checking the different levels of the carpark, I finally found an area where there were other bicycles. But when I wanted to leave my bicycle there, it occurred to me that I don't actually have a lock. So anyone can just steal my bicycle.
As I was pondering what to do, all of a sudden Jonie, Audrey and Sheryl were in the carpark too. Since it was only 7 am in the morning, Jonie suggested that we all go grab breakfast together before work.
So we all hopped into a cab and when the driver dropped us off, we were at a cafe in Paris! I was very excited to be in Paris because, amongst other things, I got to use some of my french, which has probably gone very rusty by now. So I asked the waitress for the menu (in french) and she tells me that they only have 2 menus and they are being used by other people so I will just have to make do without it and order. As she was waiting for me to place my order I was thinking like..how the heck am I supposed to order without knowing what is on the menu?? :P
But then I saw that Jonie was already ordering some juice and Audrey was pointing at a dessert in some poster behind her, indicating to the waitress that that is what she wanted. I figured nevermind, I will just order some famous french pastries that are likely to have at any cafe. I ordered un cafe noir sans sucre and just as I was about to decide on what to eat, I woke up...

4 comments:
I could just make the words "one black coffee without sugar" without going into any translation website! :D
really? cool :) Is there any particular reason that you know that phrase?
Well, a myriad number of things I suppose. I know "cafe" is coffee from that coffee song. I know "noir" is black from watching Whose Line Is It Anyway coz they use film noir as part of their skit. And I know "sucre" is sugar coz it sounds very similar to the Arabic word for sugar, "sukkar".
And the part that ties it all up? Knowing that you cannot function without a mug of black coffee without sugar in the morning :)
Is that a cool enough explanation? heheh
Wow...what an explanation! I must say that is rather impressive! :)
Post a Comment