Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Surprise surprise! :)

I was in court today for a trial, so I expected to be out of the office the whole day. In between the court proceedings, I was of course checking my office e-mails on my blackberry and saw an e-mail from the Admin Assistant with the subject:

"Dear Azmimi, there are some flowers for you at the mailing table please do drop by to collect it. Thank you."

I was confused. I was thinking...hmm it's not my anniversary today or my birthday. It was one of our anniversaries yesterday...but hmm...don't think it's from Azmir cause he is occupied with his ICAEW exam and so sending flowers would probably be the last thing on his mind. Then I thought, maybe admin got it wrong and it's not actually for me :P

Whatever it was, I was curious.

Since I knew I was probably not going to make it back to the office in time before the reception closes, I asked my secretary to help get it for me and place it in my office.

When my matter in court ended at 5.45 pm I was tempted to go straight home but decided to head back to the office to check out the flowers and to print some documents as I had also gotten an e-mail to review agreements and prepare a legal opinion that the client wants the next day.

When I got back to the office I instantly saw the bouquet of flowers. I opened the card and saw that it was from Azmir for our 61st month anniversary :D



I must say the flower attracted quite a bit of attention from my colleagues. Everyone kept asking me if it was my birthday :P It was such a pleasant surprise to receive flowers at work after a long and tiring day in court! Such a memorable anniversary :)


3 comments:

mr dx said...

Just my little way of saying those 3 words :)

Farah Haida said...

sweeeeeeeeettttttttttttt nyeeeeeeeeee... hehehe

Deena.T said...

ala la la sweet sgt! hehehe