Monday, August 9, 2010

Annoyance at its peak

It all started last week when I found out from my boss that one of the legal executives identified me as one of the culprits of giving her lots of work but not recording it properly into her assignment list and hence leading to her missing deadlines for other lawyers' assignments.

I was like wth??!

Firstly, I don't even give her much work because most of my files are subordinate court matters and secondly, when I do give her work, it is for the simple things like writing a letter to the other side to inform them of the next date. A letter which should only take FIVE minutes to draft at most! As I was venting out my frustration of being falsely accused, I am really grateful that my boss understood where I was coming from and did not seem to buy the legal executive's excuse.

After this I told myself that I'm going to stay as far away as possible from her if I can help it. If she still blames me, then I say, show me some evidence!

So today, there was another incident.

The same executive prepares the court attendance list for each week. For tomorrow I have been listed to attend a full day trial at the Sessions Court. Okay, that is fine. But then, suddenly this morning she sends me an e-mail saying that there are no pupils that have locus to attend one of the mentions in the afternoon and therefore she listed me to attend.

So what now? I can suddenly be at two places at one time?? It's called common sense people! At the very least, if you are planning to double book someone for an appointment, you should check to see if they are okay with it, right? And plus when I checked the list, I can see that there are other lawyers who would be free to attend.

Cannot tahan already so I instantly called her up and asked her, "Why am I listed to attend in the afternoon? I have a trial listed to go on the whole day. I can't go for a mention when I am in the middle of trial."

She then tried to give some excuses and said "Well if you can't go, then the only alternative is to see who else can go or arrange for the other side to mention. This is your file right so..."

Hold on? My file? Since when? Without allowing her to finish her sentence and making no attempt at hiding my annoyance I simply said "No, this is NOT my file", indicating that it is for her to sort it out.

I'm usually not bothered by small things like this and will still be very diplomatic about it. But if my being nice is only going to be taken advantage of, that is when I draw the line.


2 comments:

Deena.T said...

good one mimi, teach her not to screw with u!

Farah Haida said...

serves her right. What IS her problem with YOU? Goshhhh