Last week was one of the most hectic week for me. I was very worried about surviving it and thank goodness I survived.
Why was it so hectic? Because I had 3 different trials back to back and the last one being in Muar, Johor. Trial preparations are very taxing and takes up a lot of time because over and above having to do extensive research to support your legal arguments, you have to interview witnesses, study bundle of documents in detail and also have evidentiary laws at your fingertips. You need to know the evidential rules because your opponent could suddenly object to your line of questioning or a document that you wish to tender in court as evidence, and you have to be able to rebut it there and then.
But having said that, trials are also the highlight of the job cause you get to conduct cross examination and this is where there can be some 'mini drama' :P The Muar trial especially was to me out of the ordinary with the opponent accusing our witness of perjury and witness tampering and the Judge giving numerous stern warnings to the other side's counsel not to provoke the witness.
As for the other sessions court matter, I was relieved that I was able to conduct the cross-examination in MALAY fairly decent. lol
All in all, I am happy that I survived this week :) I was so relieved that I even told the partner this on our way back from Muar :P She smiled and then straight away asked me, "so next week you will have capacity to do x, y, and z, right?" lol

0 comments:
Post a Comment