Saturday, May 21, 2011

Time to Ponder

I think my post lately has been oscillating between work related stress and eating out...

I don't know whether it is just one of those random moments where you start to wonder if the grass is greener elsewhere or am I seriously starting to consider other opportunities...

Is it the change in dynamics at the work place that has somewhat affected me or have I not paid heed to advices given to me to slow down so that I don't burn out too fast? Or is it getting to me that I have missed out on so many friends and family time because of work? I'm always late for birthday dinners, have to leave early from functions, have to excuse myself from events etc.

When I'm not at work I'm thinking about work...most times I would be planning my work when I'm driving to the office or to court...I would consider how to respond to e-mail queries and mentally draft it so that when I arrive at the office I just type and send.

This can't be healthy. I think I really need to learn how to give myself more me time and figure out the best way to de-stress.

2 comments:

Farah Haida said...

yes. teman me go delicious after work once in a while... hehe

Amethyste said...

No problem! Just let me know when ;)