I'm planning to take about 1 1/2 months of leave at the end of the year to get married but didn't know how to tell my big boss.
I told my other boss the other day and she was totally okay with it but just advised me to give my big boss a heads up since she would be going on maternity leave at the end of the year.
Why it is so hard to approach my big boss is that she is always very busy. It is often very difficult for me to even get 5 minutes of her time to review a piece of urgent work what more discuss a non urgent personal matter. I also wanted to make sure that I catch her at a good time so that she would approve my leave. The last time I wanted to take 3 weeks off before joining the firm as an associate she negotiated it down to 2 weeks :P
But today I told myself I have to tell her soon. November is not too far away.
So when I saw that she was back from her meeting, I approached her and asked her whether she had a minute as I would like to discuss my leave. She said sure and I told her my plans. Amazingly she was totally okay and just asked me how long, from when to when and when will I be back at work.
After pondering it for a bit she said with a smile "okay, if you gotta go, you gotta go" and then she said that she would send out an e-mail to my other team members so that no one else takes leave...ooops..sorry guys! hehehe
I'm so relieved and happy!! :)

3 comments:
wow... one and a half months...yeayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
now you need to plan on what you wanna do for that one and a half months :P
Ahahaha this was a funny read! Hey but more than anything, I'm glad you made it back safe...you know given the fact that it was tengah hutan and all!
Post a Comment