I was in court yesterday and bumped into one of my legal aid buddies during the time I was still chambering. I had an injunction hearing and she had a case management. We were both waiting for our case to be called up and had time to catch up for a bit :)
We got to talking about work and relationships and it got me thinking. I've heard from quite a few people how work schedule can get in the way of a relationship, especially when one person is busier than the other.
Some time ago one of my colleagues was congratulating me on my recent engagement and was just asking me a bit about my fiancé. So I told him that Azmir is working with PwC as an auditor. And the comment I got from him was "wow, the hours are bad for both of you", to which I answered, "that's true, but that is what makes our relationship work".
Our hours are pretty similar, with of course slight variations as I don't have clear peak periods. My "peak periods" would be when I have a trial or when I get served with court papers from my opponents, which is often very difficult to predict. But other than that, it is pretty much the same.
I'm not saying that it is synchronized all the time. There are times when I don't have to work over the weekend and he has to and vice versa. But I suppose we have learnt to work around it and of course, living close together helps because even if we are extremely swamped, it may still be possible to squeeze in a meal together :)
So I think that is why our relationship works and I am glad that we don't let work get in the way ;)

4 comments:
If there's a "Like" button to this entry, I would've clicked it quite a few times already ;)
Hang on a minute, didn't we had an extended discussion on when I do go back to PNB where the hours are more or less the same each day?
:)
Yup, but since the extended discussion was about the future, I decided to limit my entry to the present :p
sweeet nyeee entry nih... ehehehe. so what will happen in the future? ade sambungan ke nih? haha
Go with the flow...
Post a Comment