Saturday, May 8, 2010

Busy busy

This week has definitely been one of the worse for me. It was a lot busier than what I had anticipated and also the first time that I worked throughout morning. Of course I did take a 10 minute shut eye with the lights off before getting ready for work.

What was I doing? preparing 2 written submissions which I only had time to start around 11 pm. The important thing is that I delivered it on time the next morning.

As for the trial, it was very heated during cross-examination with the witness being very evasive and not answering the question and at times even going beyond what was asked. This of course led the line of questioning becoming more aggressive with constant reminders given to the witness that she was on oath and also that being untruthful in the witness stand would amount to perjury.

Some people may take the view that cross-examination can be somewhat misleading as the counsel will be asking the witness leading questions which should only be answered "yes" or "no". So where a witness starts the answer by trying to explain him/herself, you can bet your bottom dollar that the counsel will cut short the answer and say "just answer the question, yes or no".

Unfair? I would say no, simply because there will always be a chance to re-examine the witness. There will be an opportunity to explain the answers that have been cut short, if in fact such explanation is necessary. All in all, the trial was probably the most enjoyable part of the week.

As for today, it was tiring. Went for a case management at Shah Alam High Court in the morning, came back to the office to clear some work and also complete my personal evaluation for which was initially due by COB today and then went to the KL High Court for 2 other hearings. When I came back into my office at about 4.30 pm, I saw some documents on my desk with a post-it from my boss which said "Please see me". Went to see her and started working on it right away. Wanted to clear it before 6 pm but that didn't happen cause another client called for which I had to quickly join my other boss in a conference call with the client. By the time I got out of the call, it was already 6.30 >.<

So why am I still up now. I guess part of me just wants to let it out. I have e-mails which I have yet to respond to, and work piling and I feel as though I am not clearing it fast enough. I need to be more efficient and I really need to up my game!

1 comments:

Farah Haida said...

wow... reading u and dina's blog makes me feel very tired... i am as always.. very the malas.. hahaha