This week I finally obtained my practising certificate! So this is the official starting point of my career as a lawyer :) Things have been relatively light in terms of workload since I wasn't able to attend court before this. Now that I have gotten my practising certificate, things will start to get busy as I will have the added assignments of attending court for hearings and mentions.
My first hearing will be next week at the Sessions Court. I haven't done much advocacy since Bar school and I sure hope that everything will go well. Better make sure I have all the facts and law at my fingertips! :p
So Raya is finally over and to a certain extent I am quite relieved. Had so many open houses during the weekends that made it very tiring for me. Though I think this weekend I still have to run around for some things. The lawyer's retreat is coming up and I am involved in organising some of the activities. Need to make sure everything is finalised soon.
The other thing I need to think about is the dinner. We are having a Murder Mystery game for the Lawyer's retreat and the theme is "Post Oscar Bash". I have been given my character card and I have to "dress elegantly and glamorously in your best evening gown"! Don't think I have that so need to find one I can borrow asap! Some people have to wear a tuxedo, beret and scarf haha This should be very interesting hehe

0 comments:
Post a Comment