Thursday, August 13, 2009

Back at work

I am now in my second week of work after my pupillage ended. So what's different? Well for starters, I have my own room now :) I think the thing I like most about it is that there is privacy. When I am making a telephone call to another law firm or to a client, at least I know that the whole world can't hear me. I have also resorted to using the speaker phone more often. That way it is easier to multi-task! My hands are free to do some typing or writing while talking on the phone hehe


Workload has been alright I think. As soon as I gain my momentum back everything should be fine. I find myself taking extra long to draft legal documents and opinions when I would usually be able to do it relatively quickly. I think I am still half in holiday mode. Need to snap out of it!

Today there was an interesting 'development' in my legal career. Its starting to have a clear direction. The partner of my practice group informed me that they need a person to focus on employment related matters and was wondering whether I am okay with taking on the role or opposed to the idea. I told her I am willing to concentrate on that area of law. To be honest, I always felt that I enjoy it and if I had a choice I would want to specialise in this area. It was after all an employment case which lead me to draft a 60+ page submissions which cited over 40 cases :P So I am happy :)

Not too long after she left my room, I got an employment assignment. So I guess it is with immediate effect :P

1 comments:

mr dx said...

congratulations on ending your pupillage and getting retained! ^^