Saturday, June 5, 2010

Finally started the ball rolling

I have finally started to make some progress in my wedding preparation. I told myself that I must at least get started 6 months before the wedding, that is by 26 May 2010.

Sure I have started looking for cards and all but don't feel as though it is such a big step forward.

However, I finally settled my wedding invitation cards! :) I went to this place at Tropicana City called My Storybook last week to discuss card designs with the card designer. I saw quite a few designs that I liked on the shelf and was curious to see if she can customise a hydrangea themed one for me. So I explained to her the card that I had in mind and how I would like it to be and she scheduled an appointment for her to show me the customised cards.

Today I went to see her and was really happy with her work! She totally get the kind of design that I was looking for. I even had a difficult time choosing from the options. However, with the help of my mum and Azmir, I was able to pick one. I paid the 50% deposit and sealed the deal! :)

Now the things that are pending are:-

(a) Appointment to tailor my wedding gown;

(b) Appointment with the photographer; and

(c) Confirming the string quartet.

2 comments:

n@trin@ said...

Hi dear! Hehe i know that i've been married for quite some time, but the experience from my SIL's wedding taught me a LOT of things about the current wedding scene ;)

Anyway, just a tip.. Try going to this warehouse like place in tmn taming jaya, balakong.. Called 'fah lean' i think? They have loads of buntings around once u reach the area.. I was quite surprised when i walked in. It's kinda like a one stop shop for all things wedding.. At a much CHEAPER price!! We bought her nikah favours there at half the price than what they're selling in Kl

They also have services for hantaran etc.. So go check it out when u're free!!! :)

Amethyste said...

Thanks for the tip Natte! Will try and check it out when I'm free :)