I got a comment today that sent me through the roof! Someone commented
"I find it really hard to believe that your are really THAT swamped that you can only eat lunch like once a week"
WTF
I have been sleeping at 3am the past few days and working through the weekend to clear my work and someone has the audacity to suggest that I am skipping lunch for the fun of it?? Fine, he did say that it is clear that I am being overloaded. But in my defence, as a pupil/trainee who is technically at the bottom of the food chain do I have much say or control in the amount of work I get? It's not like I purposely do this to myself. When some people come to me asking me to work on a matter, I do inform them of my limited capacity as I already have a lot on my plate But if they insist on it and still ask me to squeeze one more matter, how do I say no? By hook or by crook I have to get it done.
Today I also got a comment from one of the associate that my work is a bit not up to my usual standard. When I apologized even he acknowledged that he understands that I am swamped and thus not able to do a thorough check.
So in my response to my level of work being unbelievable, I say you better believe it!
"I find it really hard to believe that your are really THAT swamped that you can only eat lunch like once a week"
WTF
I have been sleeping at 3am the past few days and working through the weekend to clear my work and someone has the audacity to suggest that I am skipping lunch for the fun of it?? Fine, he did say that it is clear that I am being overloaded. But in my defence, as a pupil/trainee who is technically at the bottom of the food chain do I have much say or control in the amount of work I get? It's not like I purposely do this to myself. When some people come to me asking me to work on a matter, I do inform them of my limited capacity as I already have a lot on my plate But if they insist on it and still ask me to squeeze one more matter, how do I say no? By hook or by crook I have to get it done.
Today I also got a comment from one of the associate that my work is a bit not up to my usual standard. When I apologized even he acknowledged that he understands that I am swamped and thus not able to do a thorough check.
So in my response to my level of work being unbelievable, I say you better believe it!

3 comments:
Oh man.....you have so much work it hurts y__y Who was this person who said that to you? Even if they were 'trying' to show concern, it sure came out the wrong way. And by that I mean through the ass.
Having said that, it's ok to skip lunch so long as you are eating enough and regularly at other times.
I think this is the first time I have ever heard you say WTF. 0_0
You have changed Mim; I ... *turns away wistfully* do not seem to know you anymore.
*tear silently drops from left eye*
Post a Comment